ABCWUA Tree Care Rebate
The rebate is from the Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Authority and appears as a credit on your water bill. It is a credit of up to $100 for residential work and up to $500 for businesses work done and apartment complexes and it is for ANY tree care (not removal) – Trimming, Fertilizing, Disease and Insect Control.
It’s called the Tree Care Rebate and it is a pilot which means we may only have it for one year. Receipts are required and the rebate forms are available here.
The goal is to maintain the Urban Forest in Albuquerque. The City has encouraged Xeriscaping and has since seen a decline in Trees. The rebate is calculated on reimbursing you for 25% of your overall tree care costs.
Remember your trees are valuable!
Some benefits of Trees in Urban Environments:
- Improves Air Quality
- Cools the Air
- Conserves energy by protecting surroundings from sun and wind.
- Provides habitat for birds and other wildlife
- Increases property values
- Attracts visitors, businesses, and new residents
- Encourages shoppers to linger
- Psychological and Social
- Reduces stress and mental fatigue
- Enhance recuperation rates
- Enhance community pride
- Increase recreational opportunities
Besides all that, they are beautiful!
Download the PDF for reimbursement here: Tree Care Rebate Form